You see messages all over the television, newspapers, and Internet to “TEXT” to WIN or JOIN! If you watch American Idol, you know that you can “TEXT” your vote. You can sign up at Target to get TEXT coupons and sales alerts. The mobile texting trend has caught on, but is texting customers a solution for small businesses?
Mobile TEXT Marketing is surprisingly easy and affordable to do, making it a viable option for small businesses. As with all marketing initiatives, TEXT marketing should be a part of a larger marketing plan with clearly defined goals. Small businesses also need to make sure their target market is a good fit for a TEXT marketing initiative.
When moving ahead with TEXT marketing, you’ll be pleased how relatively simple it is to get started and the depth to what can be done. However, not all text services are created equal and some are better than others. We’ll be happy to visit with you about what you want to accomplish and help you find the best solution for your business. Most solutions will be within a $70-$150/month range, depending on a number of variables.
TEXT Service Features Available
While services vary, many TEXT services offer some wonderful features that many small businesses will find helpful. Here are just a few:
- Add a list of previously collected numbers
- Build a list and start collecting numbers
- Add sign-ups to newsletters, websites, and blogs
- Personalize text messages using the customer’s name
- Pre-schedule text messages to arrive at the best opportune times
- Customize auto-reply messages for opt-ins
- Forward TEXT replies to your email or phone, if desired
- Create an exclusive “club” using measurable keywords you control
With all the buzz about TEXT marketing, has this been something you’ve considered for your business? Why or why not?
Interested in more mobile marketing ideas, check out “Is anyone out there? Location-Based Marketing in Rural Minnesota” and “QR Codes-The Next Marketing Frontier”.