Part of building a successful web presence goes beyond how your website looks and functions. It also needs to be found by the right people. This is where organic search engine optimization (SEO) comes in to help you be in the right place at the right time.
The best way to get search engines to find you is to consistently develop remarkable content that gets noticed and ranked high by the top search engines. But there are other small steps to take, that together, lead to SEO success.
By building your website with Vivid Image, you are already doing things that search engines like (i.e. simple to understand URL’s names, making the website easy to navigate with important information in top level pages, and using standard webmaster tools to get site recognized by search bots). But there is much more that can be done to optimize your web presence for search engines.
To best optimize your website for SEO, we recommend:
- Consistently create relevant and useful content, written for users first, search engines second. A WordPress blog is a great way to keep your website fresh. In addition, blogs should submit to Feedburner for RSS Optimization.
- Create unique and accurate Page Titles, alt Tags & Descriptions meta tags, for each page with SEO in mind. When creating links, use descriptive anchor text.
- Set up social media accounts (Facebook, YouTube, Flickr and Twitter for starters) with username consistent to your brand. Then post regular updates to create community and inbound links. Word of mouth buzz about your brand builds your reputation with your community and search engines.
- Build relevant inbound links from local search directories, review sites, and industry portals. The big ones include Google Local, Bing Local, and Yahoo Local.
- Prepare two site maps, one site map for users, and an XML site map for search engines.
If you are considering pay–per-click advertising in conjunction with your search engine optimization efforts, some options include Yodle, Google Adwords, Microsoft adCenter (Yahoo, Bing), and Facebook ads.
Our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services range from $500 to $3k and can be included as part of a monthly retainer or billed as a per project basis, depending on your website size, and extent of your desired reach.
Are you interested Vivid Image’s Search Engine Optimization services? Contact us today to request a quote!