I’ll admit I had very little interest in setting my alarm bright and early today to stand in long lines to buy something I don’t need that badly or try to find a parking spot in a crowded retail lot.
Instead, I spent my morning helping a fellow coworker (and client) create and edit content on their soon to launch website created in WordPress. While it’s not something I do every day in my role in sales, I’ll admit it was a lot less stressful than heading out today to shop for bargains (or making sales calls). Plus performing this task reminded me that WordPress is a great solution if your organization needs a SIMPLE way to manage your online reputation.
Top 5 Reasons WordPress is better than Black Friday Shopping
- There is no need to go out and shop for expensive sophisticated software. WordPress in itself is free and accessible wherever you are online.
- You don’t have set your alarm early and rush to get to the office by a specific time to publish time sensitive content. Built into WordPress are ‘nifty’ calendaring tools so you can set your blog posts, page content, or events ahead of time to a specific date and time in the future. Speaking of events, recently WordPress developed a reoccuring events option so you can set up that every 2nd Tuesday of the month event just one time in your calendar of events!
- Inserting and editing content and uploading photos in WordPress is much less stressful than sifting through racks of clothing, finding the right size, or deciding what you are going to buy for your mother-in-law. PS WordPress also eliminates the stress of resizing photos because it automatically does it for you!
- Shopping often only provides short term gratification that costs you money without much return (Coming from a mom thinking about purchasing toys for my children). Your WordPress website is a long term investment that provides your business or organization a foundation and tool to help you become more profitable.
- A WordPress Website can be found quicker and easier than the best Black Friday deal online AND it lasts 365 vs. just 1 day a year! WordPress is known for it’s built in search engine friendly optimizers so your local and national shoppers can find you at the click of a mouse.
For those of you managing your online reputation with WordPress, Is there anything else you’d like to add to my top 5? Black Friday related or not, we’d love to hear from you! If you found a great Black Friday deal, please share here or on our Facebook Community today!
Photo Credit: http://missionsforum.wordpress.com/